This course is only available for students completed a Body Massage course. Specialised massage techniques are taught for use on pregnant ladies including a range of massage mediums suitable for use and a range of techniques. This one day course in Pregnancy Massage teaches you how to position your client in varying stages of pregnancy, stress relief, pregnancy discomforts and safety precautions. Please check with your insurers for restrictions in your policy. The treatment can help mothers to be with the muscular aches and strains felt from pregnancy promoting a more relaxed feeling by releasing tight and tense muscles.
- Introduction – Benefits of treatment
- Health and Safety / Data Protection
- Professional Ethics
- Client Consultation
- Skin Diseases, Disorders and Contra-indications
- Preparing for Treatments and client preparation
- Equipment and products needed for treatments
- Practical routine for back, neck and shoulder and full body including the face and scalp
- Contra actions
- Aftercare Advice
This course is accredited by Associated Beauty Therapists.
Duration: 1 day course. Must be qualified in massage (proof required).
Products, equipment are provided for the training session. Learners work on each other during the course.